Under the general direction of Forensic Scheduling / Claims lead, this role is responsible for developing forensic delay analyses required to determine merit and quantification of time extensions to the Contractors. This role is also responsible for reviewing and analyzing Contractors’ Time Impact Analyses and claims and assisting with the rebuttal responses. In addition to forensic analysis efforts, this role is responsible for regional scheduling and reporting support and making sure that accurate and timely reporting of scheduling data. This role is within the Program Management & Oversight Branch of the Program delivery Office.
Percentage Job Description (Should add up to 100%)
- 30% - Perform forensic delay analyses and develop summary of findings; Develop delay causation reports documenting the chronology of events related to project delays;
- 10% - Coordinates and work with the regional Authority staff, PCMs and other consultants in providing planning, development, scheduling, reporting, and maintenance of scheduling data for the Central Valley projects;
- 10% - Provide recommendations on how to improve the schedule review and tracking process; Provide recommendations for increased schedule reliability and identify longest path and critical schedule activities;
- 10% - Perform review and analysis of the construction schedule for risk identification, risk review, and risk assessments including providing recommendations on appropriate actions;
- 10% - Assist with other scheduling and regional project controls assignments and activities;
- 10% - Develop What-if schedules and scenario analysis providing reasonable and realistic schedule forecasts;
- 20% - Review Contractors’ claims and assist with responses and potential rebuttals.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of: principles and practices of project controls for a large-scale construction project and ability to carry out cost, schedule, and risk analysis. Must be a self-starter attitude with proactive, results-oriented focus. Proven accuracy, reliability, and completeness in job accomplishment. Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of; delay analysis methodologies for complex construction projects’; claims management and support; construction contracts.
- Ability to write project reports. Must be able to interface with a variety of people with different technical levels and educational backgrounds; must be detail-oriented and highly organized; and must be able to produce accurate and timely results while maintaining a customer-service attitude.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Construction Science/Management.
- Advanced working knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Work experience on large programs with proven track record.
- Experience in performing delay analyses.
- Experience with analyzing, reviewing schedules and time impact analyses, and good negotiations skills.
- Ability to produce oral and written presentations to clients and other stakeholders.
- Strong work experience with MS Office application.
- Can communicate effectively with different disciplines to obtain scope of work and other information and manage the development and review of schedules.
- Professional certification as scheduling professional and/or engineer is preferable.
- Experience in developing expert reports quantifying delays and apportioning quantum to responsible parties.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED OVER OTHERS:
- No supervision.
Firm Overview: We are a Program/Project Management Consulting Firm presence at the Los Angeles World Airports, Portland Airport, Sacramento, CA High-Speed Rail, San Diego Unified School District, San Francisco Airport, and San Jose Airport. Most recently, we’ve been awarded Denver Airport and San Antonio Airport partnered with Anser Advisory. ASLPM is an innovative and driven company that utilizes collaboration as the cornerstone for success. We believe in an integrated team approach for the management of expectations, people, risk, and deliverables by providing the right resources to our clients, resulting in successful project implementation. We offer a competitive benefits package for employees and their family. Visit is at www.aslpm.com and/or follow us on LinkedIn.