The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for facilitating the successful delivery of assigned projects from inception to close-out, on schedule, within budget, in accordance with the approved scope, meeting established quality requirements and objectives under the direction of the Acquisition Project Manager and Acquisitions – Senior Project Manager.
Program-specific activities will include the following:
· Plan, organize, coordinate, and manage delivery of right-of-way projects including but not limited to acquisition, land conveyance, reporting, etc.
· Development, continual improvement and implementation of: strategies, policies and procedures, systems and tools, to support right-of-way delivery for needed areas.
· Support ROW Project Manager in special tasks, duties, and reporting.
This individual will:
· Have knowledge of acquisition of right of way, land conveyances, and reporting required to deliver these aspects in a highly complex construction mega-project, commercial principles and their applications; research methods.
· Have the ability to understand all the interrelated aspects of real property in a design-build environment with multiple interrelated projects and functional areas. Prepare technical correspondence and complete, comprehensive reports; address an audience effectively; analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action; and communicate effectively to demonstrate leadership, team-building, and collaboration skills, for meeting established project goals and objectives.
· Minimum of three years of project management experience with a focus on real property on complex mega-construction projects or projects of similar magnitude.
· Highly recommended: PMP
· Strong project and construction management background with focus on real property
· Proficiency and knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, Project, and PowerPoint.
· Experience with major capital infrastructure projects and the areas of scope, policy, strategy and procedures on real property.
· Demonstrate a broad knowledge of budget processes, workload development, resource management, and project management concepts for innovative delivery projects, including design-build.
· The ability to maintain good communication skills and working relationships with management, consultants, private sector contractors, subcontractors, and their associations.
· Strong coordination skills, given the strong matrix organization assembled for the program delivery team.
· Excellent communication and negotiating skills (both written and oral), and the ability to speak knowledgeably with other consultants, stakeholders, other governmental agencies and individual citizens.
· Ability to analyze situations and data accurately; lead the development of effective solutions and strategies for difficult technical and logistical problems related to delivery of right-of-way and land conveyances; and collaboratively engage the services of other parties necessary to achieve results.
NOTE: This position is Remote! ONLY THOSE WITH RIGHT AWAY ACQUISITION KNOWLEDGE NEED TO APPLY.
Firm Overview: We are a Program/Project Management Consulting Firm presence at the Los Angeles World Airports, Portland Airport, Sacramento, CA High-Speed Rail, San Diego Unified School District, San Francisco Airport, and San Jose Airport. Most recently, we’ve been awarded Denver Airport and San Antonio Airport partnered with Anser Advisory. ASLPM is an innovative and driven company that utilizes collaboration as the cornerstone for success. We believe in an integrated team approach for the management of expectations, people, risk, and deliverables by providing the right resources to our clients, resulting in successful project implementation. We offer a competitive benefits package for employees and their family. Visit is at www.aslpm.com and/or follow us on LinkedIn.