Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this fication, but is intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements.
E = Essential Functions
· Provide liaison between district and outside architectural, engineering and landscape firms and other individual consultants providing design services for bond-funded new construction and structural remodeling for the district. E
· Coordinate the planning, program administration, design, construction, warranty, and commissioning of building projects/programs which could include new schools and other district facilities. E
· Assist supervisory staff with other large and complex projects. E
· Prepare architectural designs, construction documents and specifications using CADD (Computer Aided Drafting Design) hardware and software, including other standard office equipment, computers, and assigned software applications. E
· Prepare, monitor, and control project estimates, budgets and schedules. E
· Monitor progress of architectural projects/programs. E
· Ensure project/program deadlines are met. E
· Administer design and construction contracts, review proposals, negotiate project/program scope and cost, resolve disputes, and finalize contracts for board of education approval. E
· Provide construction/remodeling information to design consultants, reviews work products for compliance with district standards, regulations, and code compliance, contract compliance, quality assurance and appropriate function. E
· Monitor contractors work; prepare correspondence, reports and other documents. E
· Participate in meetings to present information to advisory groups and committees. E
· Lead other architectural unit staff on a project/program basis. E
· Assist in expediting projects/programs through the office of the state architect. E
· Coordinate with DSA for reviews and approvals. E
· May appear as a district witness in court proceedings as required.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
A combination of training, experience, and/or education equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering, or related field, and seven (7) years of progressively responsible paid work experience in architecture or engineering with an emphasis on building construction.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of a valid California drivers’ license and availability of private transportation (mileage expense allowance provided).
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
Applicable federal, state and local codes for public building projects.
Business procedures, processes, and policies pertinent to assigned area.
Technical aspects of field of specialty.
Correct oral and written English communication skills
Develop and implement large and complex architectural projects.
Direct large, complex and politically sensitive construction projects/programs.
Operate Computer Aided Drafting Design (CADD) software and hardware, including other standard office equipment, computers, and assigned software applications.
Read, interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Operate with a high degree of independence with limited direction.
Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Communicate effectively orally and in writing.
Prepare clear and concise written communication.
Lead the work of assigned staff.
Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
Plan and organize work.
Meet schedules and time lines.
Maintain records and prepare reports.
Indoor and outdoor settings.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information; seeing to perform assigned duties; sitting or standing for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment; kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, to retrieve and store files and supplies; lifting light objects.
Firm Overview: We are a Program/Project Management Consulting Firm presence at the Los Angeles World Airports, Portland Airport, Sacramento, CA High-Speed Rail, San Diego Unified School District, San Francisco Airport, and San Jose Airport. Most recently, we’ve been awarded Denver Airport and San Antonio Airport partnered with Anser Advisory. ASLPM is an innovative and driven company that utilizes collaboration as the cornerstone for success. We believe in an integrated team approach for the management of expectations, people, risk, and deliverables by providing the right resources to our clients, resulting in successful project implementation. We offer a competitive benefits package for employees and their family. Visit is at www.aslpm.com and/or follow us on LinkedIn.