Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with thisfication, but is intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements.
E = Essential Functions
· Review, edit, and interpret plans, specifications, and other construction contract documents for constructability, bid ability, site access, and recommend changes to maximize the ultimate success of the project. E
· Meet with professional consultants, project manager, and site staff to develop phasing plan, work restrictions, and construction schedule. E
· Participate in pre-bid walk and bid opening E
· Chair preconstruction meeting and weekly construction progress meetings. E
· Resolve unforeseen site conditions, unplanned interferences, contract discrepancies, and other construction conflict problems and disputes between contractor, site staff, inspector, project manager, and professional consultants. E
· Monitor construction progress and costs; take corrective action as required to manage both schedule and budget. E
· Provide continuous coordination between all stakeholders. E
· Direct architects and engineer consultants to provide services as necessary to support the project. E
· Administer the change order and allowance process; review requests for schedule or cost adjustment and negotiate changes to the contract; prepare change order documents for approval. E
· Evaluate, approve, and process the contractor’s request for payment. E
· Maintain project documentation files. E
· Visit construction sites to observe work in progress. E
· Provide guidance and direction as needed to the project inspector. E
· Respond to questions and concerns and ensure that all complaints from site staff, parents, and the community are handled promptly and properly. E
· Manage the project close out phase, including certificate of substantial completion, punchlist, and receipt of as-builts, warrantees, and manuals. E
· Use word processing, spreadsheet, database, and scheduling software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, schedule, and other documents related to the project. E
· Provide continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality, seamless customer service. E
· Perform related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of training, experience, and/or education equivalent to graduation from college with a bachelor’s degree in architecture, construction management, engineering, or related field and three years of progressively responsible experience in commercial, industrial, or public sector construction management.
LICENSES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Possession of a valid California driver’s license and availability of private transportation (mileage expense allowance provided).
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
State and local building codes, ordinances, and regulations.
Pertinent state safety regulations.
Methods of construction.
Inspection records and their practical application.
Building trade terminology.
Technical aspects of field of specialty.
Reading and writing English communication skills.
Climb ladders, stairs, and scaffolding.
Resolve difficult construction problems in the field.
Collect, analyze, and report on construction project and program data.
Lead and direct the work of others.
Read and interpret building plans and specifications.
Operate standard office equipment including microcomputers and related software applications.
Establish and maintain effective working relationships with others.
Plan and organize work.
Meet schedules and time lines.
Maintain records and prepare reports.
Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
Work independently with little direction.
Read, interpret, apply, and explain rules, regulations, policies, and procedures.
Indoor and outdoor setting.
Hearing and speaking to exchange information in person and on the telephone; seeing to read, prepare, and proofread documents, sitting for extended periods of time; dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and other office equipment; kneeling, bending at the waist, and reaching overhead, above the shoulders and horizontally, to retrieve and store files and supplies; lifting light objects.
Firm Overview: We are a Program/Project Management Consulting Firm presence at the Los Angeles World Airports, Portland Airport, Sacramento, CA High-Speed Rail, San Diego Unified School District, San Francisco Airport, and San Jose Airport. Most recently, we’ve been awarded Denver Airport and San Antonio Airport partnered with Anser Advisory. ASLPM is an innovative and driven company that utilizes collaboration as the cornerstone for success. We believe in an integrated team approach for the management of expectations, people, risk, and deliverables by providing the right resources to our clients, resulting in successful project implementation. We offer a competitive benefits package for employees and their family. Visit is at www.aslpm.com and/or follow us on LinkedIn.