Percentage Job Description
Essential (E)/Marginal (M) Should add up to 100%
· 10% (M) - Manages the cost estimating group in the development of all capital cost estimates for CAHSRA from planning conceptual level to final design and construction cost estimates.
· 40% (E) - Facilitates the development of information used to develop cost estimates with all external stakeholders.
· 40% (E) - Supports the development of the bi-annual Programmatic Business Plan capital cost estimates.
· 10% (M) - Develop policies and procedures for programmatic cost estimating.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: All design and construction disciplines means and methods used on CAHSRA program and transit infrastructure work in general.
Ability to: Develop appropriate internal and external resources to facilitate the development of accurate cost estimates in a schedule driven program environment.
· Must have 15+ years of estimating experience with minimum 10 years in transit work with typical project size over $1B.
· Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering or Construction Science/Management.
· Professional certification as cost estimator and/or engineer is preferable.
· Work experience on large programs with proven track record.
· Experience in database driven estimating software (Timberline, Heavy Bid, Onscreen Takeoff, etc.).
· Experience with analyzing, reviewing, and estimating of change orders and good negotiations skills.
· Ability to produce oral and written presentation to client and other stakeholders.
· Strong work experience with MS Office application.
· Can communicate effectively with different disciplines to obtain scope of work and other information and manage the development of estimates.
· Ability to read blueprints and generate, quantities, work breakdown structure and scope of work.
· Can create an estimate plan leading to deliver a complete estimate complying with program requirements.
SUPERVISION EXERCISED OVER OTHERS:
Supervision of the junior level estimators.