· Working on-site, from the campus required. Available to be on the premises interacting with the Campus Director as well as the Campus President and Vice President.
· Lead a construction team in accordance with district and program policies and procedures for College construction bond operations.
· Train team on all LACCD and PMO policies and procedures.
· Follow and successfully execute program Quality Management System.
· Report and collaborate with Program Management Office on all project matters.
· Review and develop contract documents.
· Plan, Organize, direct, coordinate, and report performance of College Project Management team and construction projects.
· Identify risk and create risk mitigation plans successfully.
· Documents and reports all project data accurately and in a timely manner.
· Create and present project and college data clearly to multiple stakeholder groups.
· Successfully manage and execute 5 to 10 projects simultaneously, ranging in construction value and complexity from $5M to $80M each.
· Successfully delivering construction projects on schedule and within budget.
· Coordination of budget and schedule information with the Relocation Project Manager regarding FF&E, Asset Disposition/Surplus, and Relocation.
· Review all deliverables from designers in the different design phases. While in construction, the Project Manager will review the construction change documents (CCD’s) prior to submittal to DSA.
· Successfully closeout projects to include DSA closeout and PMO/District closeout.
· Tracks all project status and provides management reports relative to overall program relative to construction project delivery schedules.
· Track status and provides management reports relative to scheduling, cost control, staffing and other related construction contract requirements.
· Reviews and inspects construction site offices to assess performance of construction teams and adherence to legal requirements.
· Review and provide recommended actions in resolving disputes relative to construction projects.
· Direct and assist in outreach efforts to provide information about college projects.
· Work collaboratively with all project stakeholders to proactively resolve construction issues and conflicts.
· Conduct daily construction project site walks and provide daily reports.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· 7 years’ experience in Management of multiple construction projects; experience within a large capital improvement program and familiarity with relevant Public Codes.
· 2 years’ experience in Educational Facility Construction.
· BA or BS in Architecture, Engineering, Urban Planning, Construction Management, or a closely related field. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
· Experience with Division of the State Architect (DSA) construction/design processes or similar.
· Knowledge of all parts of the project life cycle, to include master planning, design, and closeout.
· Experience utilizing Building Information Modeling (BIM).
· Experience in alternative delivery method.
· Experience with using a web-based project management system such as Proliance.
· Experience in Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certified projects and/or the Collaborative for High Performing Schools (CHPS).
· Experience in Formal Construction Partnering.
· A valid Certificate of Registration as an Architect by the California Architectural Board of Professional Engineer by the California State Board for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
· A valid Construction Manager (CCM) credential by the Construction Manager Certification Institute (CMCI).
ASLPM is an innovative and driven company that utilizes collaboration as the cornerstone for success. We believe in an integrated team approach for the management of expectations, people, risk, and deliverables by providing the right resources to our clients, resulting in successful project implementation. We offer a competitive benefits package for employees and their family. Visit us at www.aslpm.com or on LinkedIn.
Service | Integrity | Collaboration