Under the general direction of the Program Scheduling Lead, the Senior Scheduler is responsible for providing accurate and timely reporting of schedule data. This role works under the Program Management & Oversight Branch of the California High-Speed Rail Authority’s Office of Program Delivery.
Percentage Job Description
Essential (E)/Marginal (M) Should add up to 100%
Provide planning, development, scheduling, reporting, and maintenance of schedule data for California High Speed Rail (CHSR) schedules, including construction of element activities reflected in program schedules to assist with verification of duration estimates.
- Identify/correlate program schedule construction of element activities with associated CHSR design plans.
- Provide detail for CHSR construction of element activities based on CHSR design plans to reflect the duration and the basis of the duration for construction of element activities. Update schedule data and durations as necessary and as design progresses to identify the basis for construction of element durations.
- Provide periodic updates and documentation to the Program/Project Controls
- Manager of progress, schedule duration changes, and duration verification basis.
Provide schedule assumptions and general basis for schedule development. Identify key items which may not be included in structure schedules (such as utility relocations, environmental and or seasonal restrictions, or procurements)
Perform review and analysis of current in-progress CHSR construction schedules for correlation with future, planned CHSR construction schedules (current construction duration estimates vs. future planned construction duration estimates).
Perform review and analysis of CHSR construction schedules for reliability, risk identification, risk review, and risk assessments:
· Provide recommendations for increased schedule reliability
· Identify longest path and critical schedule items
Perform review and reporting tasks as required under direction of the Scheduling Manager / Program Schedule Lead
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: Principles and practices of construction Scheduling and scheduling software (P6). Program and project schedule development and management experience. Knowledge of structures construction means, methods, staging, procurements, and disciplines. This includes rail and rail systems construction, rail and roadway tunnel construction, rail and roadway bridge construction, retaining wall systems and other systems and structures associated with the operation of a railway.
Ability to: Develop detailed construction schedules from preliminary and/or conceptual plans, develop and document basis of schedule development. Identify and document associated schedule risks. Provide recognizable and understandable work activities and sequences. Meet required deadlines and deliverable dates. Document and communicate effectively with others.
· Degree in Construction Management (BS), Law Degree (JD)
· Proficiency and knowledge of computer software applications including Primavera P6, Microsoft (MS) word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook
· Familiarity with rail and roadway transportation projects and disciplines
· Extensive scheduling and project controls experience
ASLPM is an innovative and driven company that utilizes collaboration as the cornerstone for success. We believe in an integrated team approach for the management of expectations, people, risk, and deliverables by providing the right resources to our clients, resulting in successful project implementation. We offer a competitive benefits package for employees and their family. Visit us at www.aslpm.com or on LinkedIn.