· Review, understand and enforce the LACCD Standard Operating Policies (SOPs).
· Review Programming Project Criteria documents to ensure adherence to LACCD standards.
· Review documents at different stages of design to ensure all aspects are met.
· Work with commissioning team to provide support when needed.
· Implement the electrification of central plants and other building systems outlined in the Board of Trustees’ Clean Energy Resolution passed on July 9, 2020.
· Experience with Central Plant to assist with complex systems level issues.
· Experience in designing science-teaching laboratories, classrooms, student housing, auditoriums, cafeterias to help solve owners’ issues.
· Knowledge of LEED credits related to mechanical and plumbing.
· Experience with energy and environmental sustainability approaches and its related impacts to operational efficiency.
· Understanding trends and building standard methodologies in the industry.
· Understand Title 24 and ASHRAE recommendations.
· Detail oriented and able to meet project requirements and timelines.
· Coordinate with multi-disciplinary teams in conjunction with Project Managers.
· Experience with working collaboratively on projects, including with Program Managers, Project Managers and General Contractors.
· Assist College Project Teams (CPT’s) with technical mechanical and plumbing issues that require second opinions i.e., peer review of Request For Clarifications (RFC’s), Change Orders, etc.
· Strong organizational skills including ability to prioritize effectively.
· Experience with Microsoft suite.
· Ability to work well with others under strict deadlines.
· Ability to track, address and resolve all project issues in a timely manner.
· Capable of travelling to and from project sites for attending project and construction meetings.
· Experience with documenting site conditions at various stages of construction.
· Perform other related duties as assigned by the PMO and LACCD.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· Bachelor’s Degree in in Mechanical Engineering.
· 10 or more years of experience designing HVAC, plumbing and fire protection for building systems.
· 6 or more years of DSA experience for mechanical and plumbing systems.
· 5 or more years of Construction field experience with ability to trouble shoot operational and commissioning issues to implement solutions in a timely manner.
· 6 or more years of project experience with Community Colleges.
· Strong Local Code experience related to mechanical plumbing and fire protection.
· PE Engineering license or equivalent or ability to become a licensed.
· IES VE modeling experience preferred.
ASLPM is an innovative and driven company that utilizes collaboration as the cornerstone for success. We believe in an integrated team approach for the management of expectations, people, risk and deliverables by providing the right resources to our clients, resulting in successful project implementation. We offer a competitive benefits package for employees and their family. Visit us at www.aslpm.com or on LinkedIn.
Service | Integrity | Collaboration