· Provides technical and engineering support to the College Project Teams (CPT) including Project Managers and Construction Managers.
· Coordinates with Program Management Office (PMO) staff, contractors, architects, engineers, inspectors, consultants, and College staff.
· Participates in, and occasionally runs, design or construction meetings.
· Makes field checks on construction, demolition, rehabilitation, alteration addition or repair projects to determine compliance with job specifications, plans, established College standards, and Division of the State Architect (DSA) requirements.
· Reads and interprets construction plans and shop drawings.
· Assists in preparing written materials including correspondence, reports, procedures, and guidelines.
· Supports development of weekly/monthly status and photos reports for project team.
· Reviews, estimates, negotiates, and processes construction change orders and construction field orders.
· Reviews and enforces construction and professional services contracts.
· Manages and directs contractors and outside consultants including reviewing and approving invoices.
· Assesses project risks and develops risk registers including mitigation strategies.
· Facilitates resolutions of construction and design issues.
· Coordinates with Architects for timely and accurate responses to requests for information, submittals, Construction Change Documents, etc.
· Generates and distributes meeting minutes (construction meetings, design meetings, etc.).
· Confirms contractor’s maintenance of record drawings prior to monthly progress payments to the Contractor.
· Maintain project files in both electronic and paper format.
· Reviews submittals for conformance to plans and specifications.
· Generates and drafts Proposed Board Actions (PBA).
· Other job-related duties or projects as assigned.
· Prepare Scope of Work documents for solicitation of consultant and contractor services.
· Prepare project status reports.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
· 5-8 years minimum recent professional experience in a similar or equivalent position involved in project or construction.
· BS/BA Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, Business or related degree. Additional qualifying experience in excess to the minimum stated above may be substituted for the required education on a year for year basis.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to take initiative and make sound decisions.
· Experience on Educational programs/projects.
· Experience on Division of State Architect (DSA) projects.
· Experience on Central plant projects.
· Experience on large public works programs.
· Experience with Proliance or similar PMIS systems.
· Professional Engineer License (PE), Certified Construction Manager (CCM), or similar credentials.
ASLPM is an innovative and driven company that utilizes collaboration as the cornerstone for success. We believe in an integrated team approach for the management of expectations, people, risk and deliverables by providing the right resources to our clients, resulting in successful project implementation. We offer a competitive benefits package for employees and their family. Visit us at www.aslpm.com or on LinkedIn.