The Assistant Project Manager is responsible for facilitating the successful delivery of assigned projects from inception to close-out, on schedule, within budget, in accordance with the approved scope, meeting established quality requirements and objectives under the direction of the Project Manager.
Specific responsibilities include assisting in management and support of the
project teams in the management and oversight of all elements
of Real Property, including but not limited
to acquisition, land conveyance, reporting, etc.
Percentage Job Description
Essential (E)/Marginal (M) Should add up to 100%
40% (E) Assists in Planning, organizing, coordinating, and managing delivery of right-of-way projects including but not limited to acquisition, land conveyance, reporting, etc.
40% (E) Support the development, continual improvement, and implementation of: strategies, policies and procedures, systems, and tools, to support right-of-way delivery for needed areas.
20% (M) Support Project Manager in special tasks, duties, and reporting.
KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of acquisition of right of way, land conveyances, and reporting required to deliver these aspects in a highly complex construction mega-project, commercial principles and their applications research methods.
to: Understand all the interrelated aspects of real property in a design-build
environment with multiple
interrelated projects and functional areas. Prepare technical correspondence
and complete, comprehensive reports;
address an audience effectively; analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course
of action; and communicate effectively to demonstrate leadership, teambuilding, and collaboration skills,
for meeting established project goals and objectives.
Minimum of three years of project management experience with a focus on real property
on complex mega-construction projects or projects
of similar magnitude.
· Education Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or a closely related field.
· Highly recommended: P.E., PMP, and Lean 6 Sigma Experience.
· Strong project and construction management background with focus on real property.
· Proficiency and knowledge of computer software applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, Visio, Project, and PowerPoint.
· Experience with major capital infrastructure projects and the areas of scope, policy, strategy, and procedures on real property.
· Demonstrate a broad knowledge of budget processes, workload development, resource management, and project management concepts for innovative delivery projects, including design build.
· The ability to maintain good communication skills and working relationships with management, consultants, private sector contractors, subcontractors, and their associations.
· Strong coordination skills, given the strong matrix organization assembled for the program delivery team.
· Excellent communication and negotiating skills (both written and oral), and the ability to speak knowledgeably with other consultants, stakeholders, other governmental agencies, and individual citizens.
· Ability to analyze situations and data accurately; lead the development of effective solutions and strategies for difficult technical and logistical problems related to delivery of right-of-way and land conveyances; and collaboratively engage the services of other parties necessary to achieve results.
ASLPM is an
innovative and driven company that utilizes collaboration as the cornerstone
for success. We believe in an integrated
team approach for the management of expectations, people, risk and deliverables
by providing the right resources to our clients, resulting in successful
project implementation. We offer a
competitive benefits package for employees and their family. Visit is at www.aslpm.com and/or follow us on LinkedIn.
Service | Integrity | Collaboration