· Prepares preliminary and final independent detailed cost estimates of school building projects
for comparison with designer or contractor for PM/CM to establish negotiating position.
· Prepares detailed change order estimates for Owner Authorized Representatives to establish
· Provides support in price negotiations.
· Prepares claim analyses and estimates.
· Prepares detailed estimates of construction costs based on drawings, specifications, and sketches.
· Reviews contractor’s claims and proposals for merit and accountability.
· Performs related duties as assigned.
· Minimum of 7 years full time paid professional experience in construction cost estimating of
all divisions for facilities or school building construction projects.
· Knowledge of current local construction labor and material costs.
· Extensive experience in developing and estimating the scope of work for change orders.
· Ability to compare the independent cost estimate with contractor proposal to quickly identify
· Ability to develop scope of work based on RFI/RFC answers and estimates the detailed costs
of those scopes of work independent of the contractor proposal.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Graduation from a recognized college or university with a bachelor’s degree in Architecture,
Engineering or Construction Management.
ASLPM is an innovative and driven company that utilizes collaboration as the cornerstone for success. We believe in an integrated team approach for the management of expectations, people, risk and deliverables by providing the right resources to our clients, resulting in successful project implementation. We offer a competitive benefits package for employees and their family. Visit us at www.aslpm.com or on LinkedIn.