Position Description Summary
The Office Engineer provides a broad spectrum of technical and administrative duties primarily associated with project drawings management and construction management support. The Office Engineer supports the Project Manager, Construction Manager and Resident Engineers.
Essential Job Duties
· Assist the CM and project team in the receipt, distribution and maintenance of drawings.
· Perform construction contract correspondence, document and plan control function, input data into Prolog, and prepare management information status report, as required.
· Update and maintain sets of drawings, specifications and logs. Read and post the high volume of RFIs and Design Notices into the drawings.
· Maintain project files and document / drawing management systems (hard and electronic copies). Communicate with the designer and contractor to make the posted drawings more efficient and timely.
· Distribute documents and drawings; maintain document and drawing logs.
· Assist in the Request for Information (RFI) process by helping the Construction Manager and or Engineers with RFI tracking and follow-up. Maintain RFI logs in the project information system.
· Assist the Construction Manager and or Engineers with the submittal, design bulletin, and plan revision process. Receive record, review, transmit and track the resolution of the task. Maintain appropriate logs in Prolog, the project information system.
· Complete other responsibilities and assist as assigned to support the project such as: attend and document project meetings (write minutes), perform expediting functions, and prepare and maintain an expediting log; etc.
· Prepare periodic reports summarizing progress of construction activities for higher-level management and clients.
· Perform other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
· Work with Inspection and the Contractor to finalize monthly construction quantities.
· Additionally prepare monthly Pay Applications for CM review and signature.
· Track NNCs/JMs along with associated contractor responses to assist the CM or Resident Engineers in finding resolution to issues.
· Assist the CM and Resident Engineers in writing Change/Field Directives, along with preparing exhibits, for input into Prolog. Track such Change Directives as they are executed, negotiated, and processed through the Change Order Process.
· Participate in phasing meeting, taking notes, and preparing work plans.
· Experience with Microsoft Office Suite software - Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
· Knowledge of Prolog and other Project Management Systems is preferred
· Proficiency in Bluebeam or other PDF programs
Professional Experience Level/Other
· Five to ten years of engineering experience with three to five years directly supporting an active construction project, preferably terminal related construction and/or renovation.
· Demonstrated ability to understand technical and complicated construction program and the ability to communicate progress to both technical- and management-level personnel.
· Ability to work with others, a self-starter with results-driven focus.
· Must possess the ability to effectively interact with various departments to maintain open lines of communication.
· Capability to assume additional responsibilities.
· Proven accuracy, reliability and completeness in job accomplishment.
· Demonstrated success on the job, as evidenced by satisfactory performance, acceptance of responsibility and growth in previous position.
· Effective oral and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate complex issues to a non-technical audience.
· Experience working with outside agencies i.e. General Services division.
· Bachelor’s degree, master’s degree preferred.
· BS/BA in related field (Construction Management, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering, etc.) State of California Professional Engineer's license is desirable.
· May assume other duties as required/needed
· May work overtime
· Maybe required to work various shifts as needed
· Aviation experience preferred
ASLPM is an innovative and driven company that utilizes
collaboration as the cornerstone for success. We believe in an integrated
team approach for the management of expectations, people, risk and deliverables
by providing the right resources to our clients, resulting in successful
project implementation. We offer a competitive benefits package for
employees and their family. Visit us at www.aslpm.com or