This Construction Superintendent is responsible for all activities at the construction site, including providing a safe and productive work environment, maintaining project schedules, and ensuring construction projects meets budgetary goals. The San Jose Unified School District (SJUSD) construction project site is an active school campus, so demonstrated success with issues related to safety, site coordination and logistics is of critical importance. Construction Superintendent must have a proven track record supervising and coordinating all personnel including general contractors and materials to prevent delays.
· Must have at least 5 years of educational building construction project experience.
· At least 8 years of overall construction superintendent level experience in public and/or private building construction.
· Organization and attention to detail.
· Ability to communicate effectively and professionally.
· Flexibility to handle shifting priorities and situations.
· Bachelor’s Degree in construction management or equivalent desired.
· OSHA 30 or OSHA 40 Training.
· Organizes, schedules, coordinates, and supervises the work of multiple general contractors.
· Determines work priorities, and coordinates work activities with all necessary parties to ensure that the project is constructed safely, efficiently and on schedule.
· Provides and promotes a safe work environment through creating a culture of safety for the project and holding each individual on the project accountable for safe behavior and is respectful of the safety and work of others.
· Sources material suppliers for consumables required to construct the project and estimates materials required for specific jobs. Orders materials and coordinates deliveries of materials to coincide with the CPM schedule and construction progress.
· Ensures that the materials for construction are on the project site as they are required and are stored and installed in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations. Coordinates materials staging between the various trades and monitors material deliveries.
· Maintains inventory and control over the projects tools, materials, and equipment.
· Maintains a project's daily record in detail through daily reports. Communicates those reports to the office as required.
· Holds, at minimum, weekly coordination meetings between all general contractors who are currently on site and any that will be on site in the near future.
· Responsible for quality control on the project: Holds all general contractors and workers accountable for adherence to the project plans and specifications and required standards.
· Holds pre-installation meetings to review installation requirements and procedures for all major elements of the work and has a thorough understanding of the requirements for installation of all materials to be used.
· Coordinates and facilitates the closeout of the project. Is responsible to assure that all punch list items are completed in a timely manner and that the owner is satisfied with both the quality and timeliness of the project as it is completed.
ASLPM is an innovative and driven company that utilizes collaboration as the cornerstone for success. We believe in an integrated team approach for the management of expectations, people, risk and deliverables by providing the right resources to our clients, resulting in successful project implementation. We offer a competitive benefits package for employees and their family. Visit us at or on .