Annexon Biosciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of novel therapies for patients with classical complement-mediated disorders of the body, eye and brain. The Company’s pipeline is based on its platform technology addressing well-researched classical complement-mediated autoimmune and neurodegenerative disease processes, both of which are triggered by aberrant activation of C1q, the initiating molecule of the classical complement pathway. The Company’s first product candidate, ANX005, is a full-length monoclonal antibody formulated for intravenous administration in autoimmune and neurodegenerative disorders. The Company’s second product candidate, ANX007, is a monoclonal antibody antigen-binding fragment (Fab) formulated for intravitreal administration for the treatment of neurodegenerative ophthalmic disorders. Based on learnings from its initial trials, Annexon is advancing its current programs while evaluating additional orphan and large market indications. Annexon is deploying a disciplined, biomarker-driven development strategy designed to establish that each of its product candidates is engaging the specific target at a well-tolerated therapeutic dose in the intended patient tissue.
Annexon is seeking an independent Research Associate / Senior Research Associate with excellent laboratory skills in biochemical and cellular assays.
- Execute experiment in histology, fluorescence microscopy, and immunohistochemistry, including amplified and non-amplified fluorescence and chromogenic--based immunohistochemistry (free floating and slide mounted staining), in-situ hybridization (ISH, FISH), and image capture of fresh, frozen and paraffin-embedded tissues
- Imaging (epifluorescence and confocal microscopy) and image analysis and quantification
- Assay validation for fluid-biomarkers using ELISA-based assays
- This position will also provide opportunities to grow and develop scientifically through our collaborative efforts and ability to interface with external CRO’s in driving new technologies and target deliverables for our programs
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in life science or related field with 3+ years of experience in research laboratory setting
- Experience in biochemical and cellular endpoints
- Independent scientist who is a good problem solver, dependable, with excellent personal and scientific communication skills
- Proven experience in working with a variety of experimental techniques, developing assays, optimizing methods and data analysis
- Experience with IHC, imaging & image analysis, Assay dev. (ELISAs, WB, assay technologies)
- Must have strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and enthusiasm for laboratory work
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Self-motivated to look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Assay validation, molecular biology