Annexon Biosciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of novel therapies for patients with classical complement-mediated disorders of the body, eye and brain. The Company’s pipeline is based on its platform technology addressing well-researched classical complement-mediated autoimmune and neurodegenerative disease processes, both of which are triggered by aberrant activation of C1q, the initiating molecule of the classical complement pathway. The Company’s first product candidate, ANX005, is a full-length monoclonal antibody formulated for intravenous administration in autoimmune and neurodegenerative disorders. The Company’s second product candidate, ANX007, is a monoclonal antibody antigen-binding fragment (Fab) formulated for intravitreal administration for the treatment of neurodegenerative ophthalmic disorders. Based on learnings from its initial trials, Annexon is advancing its current programs while evaluating additional orphan and large market indications. Annexon is deploying a disciplined, biomarker-driven development strategy designed to establish that each of its product candidates is engaging the specific target at a well-tolerated therapeutic dose in the intended patient tissue.
We are seeking a Research Associate / Senior Research Associate with excellent laboratory skills and experience in neurobiology/immunology to join our multi-functional research team. This position will provide an opportunity to grow and develop scientifically in complement biology and neurodegenerative disease areas via internal and collaborative efforts. Some responsibility for general lab management is expected.
- Hands-on assay validation for fluid-biomarkers using ELISA-based assays
- Execution & development of in vitro biochemical and cellular assays for target validation, screening and biomarker discovery
- This position will also provide opportunities to grow and develop scientifically through our collaborative efforts and ability to Interface with external CROs in driving projects, new technologies and target deliverables for our programs
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in life science or related field with 3+ years of experience in research laboratory setting
- Independent scientist who is a good problem solver, dependable, and ability to work effectively and independently in a multidisciplinary team environment
- Experience in working with a variety of experimental techniques, developing assays, optimizing methods and data analysis
- Must have strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and enthusiasm for laboratory work
- Strong oral/written communication skills
- Self-motivated to look for ways to improve and promote quality
- Proficiency in basic mathematics and chemistry
- Experience in histology: immunohistochemistry, including amplified and non-amplified fluorescence and chromogenic--based immunohistochemistry (free floating and slide mounted staining), in-situ hybridization (ISH, FISH), and image capture of fresh, frozen and paraffin-embedded tissues
- Experience with imaging (epifluorescence and confocal microscopy) and image analysis and quantification
- Experience with cell culture (primary and cell lines)
- Familiarity with a variety of lab techniques like flow cytometry, SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting