Director, Total Rewards
Annexon Biosciences is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of novel therapies for patients with classical complement-mediated disorders of the body, eye and brain. The Company’s pipeline is based on its platform technology addressing well-researched classical complement-mediated autoimmune and neurodegenerative disease processes, both of which are triggered by aberrant activation of C1q, the initiating molecule of the classical complement pathway. The Company’s first product candidate, ANX005, is a full-length monoclonal antibody formulated for intravenous administration in autoimmune and neurodegenerative disorders. The Company’s second product candidate, ANX007, is a monoclonal antibody antigen-binding fragment (Fab) formulated for intravitreal administration for the treatment of neurodegenerative ophthalmic disorders. Based on learnings from its initial trials, Annexon is advancing its current programs while evaluating additional orphan and large market indications. Annexon is deploying a disciplined, biomarker-driven development strategy designed to establish that each of its product candidates is engaging the specific target at a well-tolerated therapeutic dose in the intended patient tissue.
- Works with the VP of HR to develop and direct the organization's compensation and benefit programs including compensation philosophy.
- Prepares and studies salary analyses to determine employee compensation.
- Evaluates predicted market trends and recommends revisions to company compensation and benefits plans.
- Drives all HRIS initiatives and is responsible for implementation and management of all systems
- Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of the company. Participates in corporate development of methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for projects, programs, and people. Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Design and develops salary range structures, career ladders and competencies. Ensure processes and systems that support base pay programs are competitive and support company’s compensation philosophy.
- Manage the administration and record keeping of health plans and leave policies.
- Manage Employee Recognition Programs.
- Manage compensation initiatives, such as annual focal planning, bonus plan, or FLSA audit, by developing in-depth project plans and leading the design, implementation and communication efforts.
- Periodically conduct analysis and review of various compensation programs and propose improvements to VP, HR.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and planning to continuously improve our compensation programs and processes.
- Work with HR and Finance to maintain, develop, coordinate and implement HR-related computer systems. Maintain the accuracy and integrity of HR systems and serve as the technical point of contact for HR systems-related questions.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Demonstrated compensation background in the following areas: base salary, variable pay and performance management, equity programs, job evaluation, data analysis, retention, research and cost modeling.
- Proven track record in managing one or more compensation systems, including requirements definition, implementation, vendor management and system enhancements.
- A self-reliant achiever with ability to work independently to set and adjust priorities.
- Team player who can easily handle shifting priorities and multi-tasking in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Excellent analytical, technical, problem solving, written and oral communication skills.
- Detail oriented, well organized with strong time management skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent preferred.
- 7+ years of benefits and compensation experience.
- Experience with HRIS system implementation.
- Knowledge of federal and state regulatory requirement for compensation, benefits, HRIS and HR documentation.
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills.
- Strong project management experience and effective organizational skills.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and database reporting.