The Vice President, Corporate Communications will build the communications strategy for Annexon and is responsible for creating positive awareness of the company across a wide range of stakeholders. The successful candidate will lead the communications function, including the company’s digital communications, and leverage multiple tools to support compelling, clear, strategic communications with investors, healthcare, patient, advocacy and other audiences.
- Provide strategic leadership, development, direction, and management of all external and internal communications initiatives, including media and key stakeholder relations.
- Develop and maintain overall stewardship of the corporate brand, positioning, and messaging.
- Lead development of all communications materials, including press releases, executive presentations, and social/digital content; oversee internal content generation and approval processes.
- Develop messaging and plans in support of publications, medical meetings and congresses.
- Drive corporate messaging for use with key stakeholders including investors. Partner with the CEO and CFO on investor relations and investor related communications.
- Ensure corporate message alignment of ongoing clinical updates, crisis and issues management, advocacy relations, and press inquiries.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, especially R&D leadership, to create engaging, compliant content, with agency support.
- Establish and cultivate relationships with all media and trade related publications that allows for global, national, and local press coverage.
- Engage with industry organizations and patient advocacy organizations.
- In coordination with Human Resources, manage all employee communications.
- Serve as a communications resource to colleagues as needed.
- Oversee and expand company’s corporate website to serve core communications needs as well as to support the objectives of other functions, including human resources, investor relations; manage agency support of website
- Thoughtfully and responsibly grow company’s social medial channels and continuously measure and improve their effectiveness
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 15+ years of progressive experience managing financial, scientific, product, pipeline, and crisis communications in a biotech or pharma setting
- Demonstrated leadership in brand/reputation management
- CEO and executive level strategic communications counsel
- Impeccable written and oral communications skills
- Significant managerial experience, including agency management, project management skills, including planning timelines and budgets
- Proven experience managing corporate social media channels; creating effective and compliant content and using related tools
- Knowledge of regulatory and SEC compliance, reporting and disclosure guidelines
- Ability to think creatively, both in conceptual/visual approaches and in problem solving
- Excellent judgement and ability to achieve outstanding results while operating with a sense of urgency
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective collaboration across organization
- Motivation to improve processes to build for future growth
- Ability to travel and work off-hours