Research Associate / Senior Research Associate
Annexon Biosciences is a private, clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing a pipeline of novel therapies for patients with classical complement-mediated disorders of the body, eye and brain. The Company’s pipeline is based on its platform technology addressing well-researched classical complement-mediated autoimmune and neurodegenerative disease processes, both of which are triggered by aberrant activation of C1q, the initiating molecule of the classical complement pathway. The Company’s first product candidate, ANX005, is a full-length monoclonal antibody formulated for intravenous administration in autoimmune and neurodegenerative disorders. The Company’s second product candidate, ANX007, is a monoclonal antibody antigen-binding fragment (Fab) formulated for intravitreal administration for the treatment of neurodegenerative ophthalmic disorders. Based on learnings from its initial trials, Annexon is advancing its current programs while evaluating additional orphan and large market indications. Annexon is deploying a disciplined, biomarker-driven development strategy designed to establish that each of its product candidates is engaging the specific target at a well-tolerated therapeutic dose in the intended patient tissue.
Living Annexon’s Values
Warrior Spirit: Desire to be the Best; Be Courageous; Sense of Urgency; Persevere; Win!
Sound Judgement: Boldly Apply Your Wisdom; Focus on What Matters; Pressure Test; Address Root Causes; Keep it Simple
Passion: Play with Your Heart & Your Mind; Innovate; Find a Way and Solve It; Keep Learning; This Matters to Patients and Their Families!
All for One: Our Whole is Greater Than Our Parts; Be a Great Team Player; Follow the Golden Rule; Be Humble and Trustworthy
Thrive!: Have Fun; Be Optimistic; Celebrate Large & Small Successes; Enjoy the Journey; This is Our Time!
We are seeking an independent research associate / senior research associate with excellent laboratory skills and experience in neurobiology/immunology to join our multi-functional research team. This position will provide opportunities to grow and develop scientifically in complement biology and neurodegenerative disease areas via internal and collaborative efforts. Some responsibility for general lab management is expected.
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in life science or related field with 3+ years of experience in research laboratory setting.
- Hands-on expertise in ELISA-based assays and/or driving histology processing of tissue samples and analysis. Must be able to independently drive one or both techniques.
- Independently drive histology workflow in the lab including tissue processing, sectioning, mounting, immunostaining and imaging of tissue slides. Hands on experience with image acquisition and image analysis a plus.
- Extensive experience with ELISA based assays, developing, troubleshooting and validation for biochemical analysis in biofluids and tissue extracts.
- Familiarity with a general lab techniques – SDS-PAGE, Western Blotting, and microscopy.
- Experience with cell culture (primary and cell lines) and flow cytometry is desirable, but not required.
- Must be able to analyze, present and discuss data in team meetings.
- Must have strong work ethic, ability to multi-task and enjoys laboratory work.
- Work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team to get things done.
- Self-motivated to look for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Ability to interface with external CROs in driving projects, new technologies and target deliverables for our programs.