Ravenswood Solutions, a wholly owned subsidiary of SRI International, delivers combat readiness field training to U.S. military personnel and other security forces around the country and around the world. Ravenswood Solutions is looking for a motivated, talented and versatile Systems Engineer to be a member of Ravenswood’s Product Development Engineering team based in Orlando, FL. The candidate will be required to work with engineers, subject matter experts, contractors, and field engineers. Candidate should be self-motivated and work well independently and in a team environment.
Area of focus for the broader engineering team include wireless communications and data collection/analysis/presentation, precision differential Global Positioning Systems (dGPS), angular measurement, sensor fusion, mobile ad-hoc networking, distributed simulation, advanced data visualization, tracking in GPS-denied environments, augmented reality, enhanced engagement simulation, and data analytics.
Specific responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
• Architect creative solutions using existing capabilities and new technologies
• Manage project requirements translating customer needs into engineering requirements
• Specify system components ensuring conformance to requirements
• Provide feedback on system vulnerabilities and mitigation plans
• Generate engineering reports
• Participate in requirements negotiations with internal and external customers
• Conduct market evaluations/trade studies
• Be the SME for the FlexTrain and MGTS systems
• Demonstrate current and prototype capabilities to customers
• Work quick integration efforts with technology partners to help bring in new business
• Attend industry conferences and seminars such as I/ITSEC, ITEC, Levels of Fidelity, etc.
Some travel is required (typically one week every six weeks). Trips to include technical support and testing of developed products in the operating environment, customer technology demonstrations, contract negotiations, and technology information exchange and/or integration.
• Bachelor's Degree in Engineering
• Minimum 8 years of related experience
• Proven ability to integrate hardware, software and RF subsystems
• Familiarity with designing and testing to environmental and EMC standards such as MIL-STD-810G, MIL-STD-461F, etc.
• Understanding of RF communication modulations, protocols and standards including TDMA, 4G LTE, and 5G
• Experience with Linux operating systems
• Experience in customer requirements negotiations
• Familiar with simulation protocols such as DIS, HLA and TENA a plus
• Familiar with Atlassian tools (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket)
• Familiar with military training systems, events, formats, and protocol a plus
• Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or Certified Modeling and Simulation Professional (CMSP) certification a plus
Professional Skills and Characteristics:
• Excellent project management skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to interact effectively with people of varying technical abilities
• Demonstrates flexible team-oriented attitude; adapts to changing requirements
• A strong advocate for process improvement
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
• Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check
• A drug screen will be required as part of the hiring process
• Ability to travel required (typically one week every six weeks, anticipate less than 60 days per year). Trips to include technical support of field exercises, testing of developed products in operating environment, and new client development/planning on location
• Due to government requirements for this role and the nature of the work, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
About Ravenswood Solutions
Ravenswood Solutions, a subsidiary of SRI International, provides government agencies and commercial clients with technology and services for collective training, test and evaluation, and policy analysis exercises. Our field-proven packages include high fidelity instrumentation, realistic training effects, and turnkey support services that are customized for each client.
Ravenswood Solutions leverages more than 20 years of experience in providing technology insertion, training support, and sustainment services. This heritage of world-class technology and dedication to customers has led the company to be the leading provider of mobile instrumented training and performance assessment for military ground troops and other security forces.
Ravenswood Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, which appreciates and welcomes a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our site to learn more about Ravenswood Solutions: