Ravenswood Solutions (RS), a wholly owned for-profit subsidiary of SRI International, is seeking a Deputy Sustainment Director. The Deputy Sustainment Director is a member of the Ravenswood Solutions Products & Services team. As the Deputy Director of a vast personnel and maintenance resource pool within the sustainment branch, the Deputy Sustainment Director reports to the Sustainment Director, providing technical and equipment management support to several exercise teams across multiple client programs. This position is based in our Boise, ID facility.
The Deputy Sustainment Director oversees all aspects of sustainment to include equipment maintenance with an emphasis on sensitive instrumentation and network support equipment. The Deputy Sustainment Director supervises and trains a team of subject matter experts (SME) in the operation and maintenance of the FlexTrain system. This position requires in-depth knowledge of maintenance principles that include end of lifecycle methodologies with practical application in a highly technical environment. This position further requires at least a baseline knowledge of wireless communications and information technology to support all military and civilian clients.
Throughout the year, the Deputy Sustainment Director is responsible for recruiting, training, and managing a team of full-time employees with varying backgrounds and levels of experience, including Field Application Engineers, Field Service Representatives, Range Operations Team Leaders, Network Operations Team Leaders, and After-Action Review Team Leaders. The Deputy Sustainment Director manages these functional areas and ensures that all operational requirements are satisfied in support of the larger sustainment mission. He/she will ensure that the teams are certified to meet the standards of their assigned role and that they adhere to all published policies and procedures. They will coordinate with exercise team leaders across the Products & Services organization to understand staffing requirements for a given program, then fulfill those requirements with qualified personnel in the most efficient manner possible. The Deputy Sustainment Director must consistently balance the needs of each team with the availability and capability of their employees, seeking opportunities to match personnel with teams that will benefit the most from their specific knowledge and experience.
The Deputy Sustainment Director will supervise the application of strategic maintenance initiatives to include the publication and update of standard operating procedures, new equipment training courses, operating manuals, troubleshooting guides, and other documentation. The Deputy Sustainment Director will coordinate with other team members to review and publish Lessons Learned from past exercises and provide SME inputs to the product development team in support of new and ongoing initiatives.
The Deputy Sustainment Director serves as the primary interface between Ravenswood Solutions and all contractors providing off site maintenance to government furnished property and Ravenswood Solutions equipment. This position will require some off-site work in order to ensure contractor compliance with provided specifications for all performed maintenance and production. The Deputy Sustainment Director will plan and execute a thorough testing and validation program for all government furnished property and Ravenswood Solutions equipment. The Deputy Sustainment Director coordinates with the Quality Control Manager and Property Manager to publish and enforce Quality Assurance and asset management procedures at exercise sites as an extension to maintenance depot SOPs. The Deputy Sustainment Director coordinates with exercise teams to ensure proper records are kept during field use and that all failures are properly identified in any returning equipment at the end of the exercise.
In addition to overseeing the configuration, maintenance, and repair of Ravenswood Solutions equipment, the Deputy Sustainment Director will provide support to the Property team for inventory and asset management as required. This position does not travel to exercises except to perform Quality Assurance checks on equipment and assist with field troubleshooting procedures.
Upon return from a deployment, the Deputy Sustainment Director oversees the process of quickly assessing the status of its components and devises an action plan to restore all equipment to a fully mission capable status.
The specific responsibilities of this position include:
• Day to day management of two cross functional teams comprised of field service representatives and field application engineers with additional oversight of network operations team leaders, range operations team leaders, and after-action review team leaders.
• Occasional travel to multiple locations (typically less than 60 days per year)
• Plans and executes all equipment maintenance
• Oversees daily maintenance depot activities
• Oversee the strategic management of all maintenance activities
• Assist in the development and management of the maintenance budget for multiple client programs, accounting for all labor, materials, equipment, services, and subcontracts required to execute maintenance, repair, and sparing for all FlexTrain equipment and other Ravenswood Solutions technologies as required
• Maintain precise records of the status of each fielded component. Ensure that any component returned for diagnosis and repair is processed quickly and effectively.
• Facilitate the development of an appropriate sparing ratio for all equipment and coordinate with the Senior Logistics Manager to procure spares, as funding allows
• Perform Quality Assurance (QA) on all equipment at prescribed benchmarks throughout the year with emphasis on post deployment maintenance periods.
• Assist with the publication and update of standard operating procedures, new equipment training courses, operating manuals, troubleshooting guides, and other documentation as required
• Be the direct maintenance interface for all off-site maintenance begin performed through contractors/vendors
• Work with Sustainment Director to closely manage a strategic end of lifecycle maintenance program with health monitoring that incorporates serviceability thresholds
Additional duties include:
• Work with remote teams during exercises and coordinate reach back maintenance support as required
• Provide lessons learned and recommendations for continual improvement of maintenance support capabilities, effectiveness and efficiency
Education and Professional Experience Requirements
• BS in Logistics, Supply Chain Management or related field
• Minimum 10 years of professional experience with 5 years of leadership
• Experience with group activity coordination
• Experience with work flow analysis and process optimization
• Knowledge of AS9100 and/or ISO 9001 and industry-standard tools and practices for defect-tracking, and failure analysis
• Familiarity with military training systems and U.S. Army property accountability procedures desired
• US Military Maintenance background highly preferable
• Product Lifecycle experience a plus
Professional Skills and Characteristics
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
• Demonstrates proficient oral and written communication, with strong attention to detail and an ability to interact effectively with people of varying technical abilities (engineers, technicians, and military personnel)
• Identifies potential and emerging problems with equipment
• Demonstrates flexible attitude and adapts easily to changing requirements
• Able to perform well in high-stress, fast-paced environments
• Working knowledge of wheeled vehicle maintenance, generator sets, HVACs, network communications and information technology hardware.
• Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check
• A drug screen will be required as part of the hiring process
• Ability to travel required (up to 60 days per year)
• Due to government requirements for this role and the nature of the work, candidates must be U.S. Citizens with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
About Ravenswood Solutions
Ravenswood Solutions, a subsidiary of SRI International, provides government agencies and commercial clients with technology and services for collective training, test and evaluation, and policy analysis exercises. Our field-proven packages include high fidelity instrumentation, realistic training effects, and turnkey support services that are customized for each client.
Ravenswood Solutions leverages more than 20 years of experience in providing technology insertion, training support, and sustainment services. This heritage of world-class technology and dedication to customers has led the company to be the leading provider of mobile instrumented training and performance assessment for military ground troops and other security forces.
Ravenswood Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, which appreciates and welcomes a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our site to learn more about Ravenswood Solutions: