Ravenswood Solutions is looking for a motivated, talented and versatile Mechanical Engineer to be a member of Ravenswood’s Product Development Engineering team based in Fremont, CA. The candidate will be required to work with development peers, subject matter experts, contractors, hardware and field engineers. Candidate should be self-motivated and work well independently and in a team environment.
Area of focus for the broader engineering team include wireless communications and data collection/analysis/presentation, precision differential Global Positioning Systems (dGPS), angular measurement, sensor fusion, mobile ad-hoc networking, distributed simulation, advanced data visualization, tracking in GPS-denied environments, augmented reality, enhanced engagement simulation, and data analytics.
Specific responsibilities (include but are not limited to the following):
• Provide overall support and supervision of mechanical engineering designs, concepts, testing, and integration
• Mentor engineering staff on best practices
• Coordinate design integration of subsystems to create a complete product
• Generate engineering models and test under lab and field conditions
• Provide inputs to overall systems tests and equipment acceptance tests
• Write and execute test plans and debug complex systems
• Take designs from prototype to field capable products
• Support design for manufacturing and production
• Generate engineering reports and briefing inputs as required
• Provide manpower and cost estimation inputs to engineering budgets
• Provide lessons learned and recommendations for continual improvement
• Focus on good documentation in an ISO 9001 environment
Some travel is required (typically one week every six weeks, anticipate less than 60 days per year). Trips to include technical support of field exercises, testing of developed products in operating environment, and new client development/planning on location.
Individuals interested in having an immediate and direct impact on the success of a small company should apply.
Education and Professional Experience Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace or other related Engineering (Master’s desired)
• Minimum 5 years of related experience (8 years desired)
• “Hands-on” approach to engineering
• Proven ability to develop through rapid prototyping and test
• Expert in SolidWorks or other CAD solid modeling and analysis tools
• Experience with finite element analysis (FEA) and simulation
• Expertise designing to MIL-STD-810G Part Two and/or IP6X standards
• Expertise in mechanical sub-systems packaging, materials, thermal, and structural analysis
• Expertise in using/maintaining 3D printers/milling machine/laser cutter and other machine shop equipment
• Experience with PDM Pro or similar design document control systems
• Experience managing schedule and resources to meet assigned milestones
Professional Skills and Characteristics
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to interact effectively with people of varying technical abilities and disciplines
• Demonstrates flexible team-oriented attitude; adapts to changing requirements
• Ability to work closely in small teams to create well integrated products in short design cycles with reproducible methods
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to handle multiple tasks at a time
• A strong advocate for process improvement
• Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check
• A drug screen will be required as part of the hiring process
• Due to government requirements this position requires that candidates are U.S. Citizens with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.
About Ravenswood Solutions
Ravenswood Solutions, a new subsidiary of SRI International, provides government agencies and commercial clients with technology and services for collective training, test and evaluation, and policy analysis exercises. Our field-proven packages include high fidelity instrumentation, realistic training effects, and turnkey support services that are customized for each client.
Ravenswood Solutions leverages more than 20 years of experience in providing technology insertion, training support, and sustainment services. This heritage of world-class technology and dedication to customers has led the company to be the leading provider of mobile instrumented training and performance assessment for military ground troops and other security forces.
Ravenswood Solutions is an equal opportunity employer, which appreciates and welcomes a diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Please visit our site to learn more about Ravenswood Solutions: