to the Technical Supervisor,
The Laboratory Technician will be is responsible for performing moderate complexity testing. S/he analyzes,
reviews, and reports test results and quality control results and takes remedial
action when indicated. Ensures specimen integrity by adhering to the
laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing. Adheres to
departmental policies and procedures to include departmental programs, quality
control, quality assurance, and safety. After two years of CLIA laboratory experience and appropriate training in
high complexity testing, the candidate/employee will have the ability to
transition into a Laboratory Technologist role.
· Obtains training and understanding of all laboratory policies and procedures, and updates knowledge as needed to fully comply with all laboratory, CLIA, HIPAA, NY DOH and Quality System Manual requirements.
· Competently perform all tests in a moderate complexity testing commercial lab environment and ability to train in high complexity testing.
· Follows laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
· Understands and operates test systems proficiently with maximum efficiency and minimum waste.
· Follows established policies and procedures for quality control performance and documentation.
· Performs and documents scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance.
· Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance and immediately notify supervisor.
· Understands and follows all safety, infection control, and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines.
· Demonstrates high ethical standards in business practices. Actively supports organizational goals and changes as they occur.
· Utilizes unstructured time constructively.
· Communicates with laboratory staff and its clients to ensure quality patient care and maintain a service oriented relationship with its customers.
· Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to clients and patients.
· Strives to maintain a positive work environment.
· Attends all required in-services and relevant continuing education and staff department meetings.
· Conduct must reflect the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program.
· Other duties as assigned by the Technical Supervisor and/or Lab Director
- Authorization to work in the US indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
- Must meet CLIA and NYDOH requirements for Moderate Complexity Testing with at least one-year experience in a CLIA laboratory setting and ability to be trained in high complexity testing.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a chemical, physical, biological science or a clinical laboratory science / medical technology program by an accrediting institution
- Preferred: Master’s Degree from an accredited institution with a major in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences with at least two years of pertinent laboratory experience preferred.
- Preferred: Certification in Molecular Biology -MB(ASCP) –required. Molecular Biology Certification eligible candidates will be considered.
- Ability to work in controlled environments utilizing aseptic technique
- Ability to work within Quality systems under regulatory requirements
- Strong oral and written skills
- Strong collaboration, problem solving and analytical skills
- Professional and team-oriented interpersonal communication skills
- Highly detail oriented with effective time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
- Must be analytical, flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
- Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet departmental goals
- Passion for growing a national laboratory
- Thrive on opportunity to excel and contribute