The Molecular Technologist is responsible for performing moderate and
high complexity testing. Analyzes, reviews, and reports test results and
quality control results and takes remedial action when indicated. Ensures
specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory’s procedures for specimen
handling and processing. Adheres to departmental policies and procedures
to include departmental programs, quality control, quality assurance, and
· Obtains training and understanding of all laboratory policies and procedures, and updates knowledge as needed to fully comply with all laboratory CLIA, HIPAA, NY DOH and Quality System Manual requirements.
· Competently perform all tests in a high complexity testing commercial lab environment.
· Follows laboratory procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analysis, reporting, and maintaining records of patient results.
· Understands and operates test systems proficiently with maximum efficiency and minimum waste.
· Follows established policies and procedures for quality control performance and documentation.
· Performs and documents scheduled and unscheduled preventative maintenance.
· Identifies problems which may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and takes appropriate action, including supervisor notification if indicated.
· Resolves technical problems and ensures that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory's established performance specifications under the direction of the Technical Supervisor.
· Ensures patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is functioning properly.
· Understands and follows all safety, infection control, and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines.
· Participates in departmental quality assurance programs.
· Assists with the development and deployment of the Laboratory Information Systems.
· Demonstrates high ethical standards in business practices. Actively supports organizational goals and changes as they occur.
· Utilizes unstructured time constructively.
· Communicates with laboratory staff and its clients to ensure quality patient care and maintain a service-oriented relationship with its customers.
· Respects and maintains the confidentiality of information relative to clients and patients.
· Strives to maintain a positive work environment.
· Attends all required in-services and relevant continuing education and staff department meetings.
· Conduct must reflect the Company’s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics and compliance program.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Authorization to work in the US indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship.
· Must meet CLIA and NYDOH requirements for High Complexity Testing with experience in Molecular Diagnostic testing in a clinical lab environment.
· Master’s Degree from an accredited institution with a major in one of the chemical, physical or biological sciences with at least two years of pertinent laboratory experience preferred.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a chemical, physical, biological science or a clinical laboratory science / medical technology program by an accrediting institution with at least two years of pertinent laboratory experience accepted.
· Certification in Molecular Biology -MB(ASCP) – required. Molecular Biology Certification eligible candidates will be considered.
· Experience working with a Laboratory Developed Test - preferred.
· Ability to work in controlled environments utilizing aseptic technique
· Ability to work within Quality systems under regulatory requirements
· Strong oral and written skills
· Strong collaboration, problem solving and analytical skills
· Professional and team-oriented interpersonal communication skills
· Highly detail oriented with effective time management, scheduling, and organizational skills
· Must be analytical, flexible, innovative, and self-motivated
· Must have the flexibility to work extra hours to meet departmental goals
· Passion for growing a national laboratory
· Thrive on opportunity to excel and contribute
Clinical Genomics is proud to be an equal opportunity employer M/F/Disability/Veterans.
For more information on our company please visit us at http://clinicalgenomics.com