TriNet is a leading provider of comprehensive human resources solutions for small to midsize businesses (SMBs). We enhance business productivity by enabling our clients to outsource their HR function to one strategic partner and allowing them to focus on operating and growing their core businesses. Our full-service HR solutions include features such as payroll processing, human capital consulting, employment law compliance and employee benefits, including health insurance, retirement plans and workers’ compensation insurance.
TriNet has a nationwide presence and an experienced executive team. Our stock is publicly traded on the NYSE under the ticker symbol TNET. If you’re passionate about innovation and making an impact on the large SMB market, come join us as we power our clients’ business success with extraordinary HR.
The Dev Ops Engineer, Infrastructure will be responsible for maintaining all development and production systems, within a team of Engineers. In addition, this position will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of system hardware, security, software, and related infrastructure.
- Develop highly scalable Linux servers using Amazon Web Services (AWS) infrastructure.
- Maintain Linux/Unix environment including account creation, application deployments, script creation, and backups.
- Work with your Developer counterparts to bring all our systems into a unified platform and process.
- Maintain the network and security across multiple products.
- Monitor system performance and activity.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues when necessary.
- Proactively monitor servers, storage, security, applications and services.
- Configure and maintain servers.
- Deploy patches/updates utilizing best practices.
- Schedule, perform, and monitor system backups and, when necessary, perform data recovery.
- Schedule, plan, and perform system upgrades, including coordinating the transition from test to production environments.
- Other projects and responsibilities may be added at the manager’s discretion.
- Be available for on-call and after hours support including weekends and holidays.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates): None.
- Minimum 5 years experience working in a Linux Administration role.
- Experience with Linux in a datacenter or cloud environment (AWS, etc.,.)
- Experience with Ansible, Jenkins, Chef, or Capistrano is a plus.
- Experience with PHP or Rails deployments is a plus.
- Experience with MySQL and related databases.
- Experience with rapid scaling• Experience and knowledge in fundamental networking principles and operations.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in Linux system administration.
- Knowledge of web services, application servers and databases.
- Knowledge of scripting languages for common server tasks
- Strong understanding of computer security
- Knowledge of Firewall, IDS, DLP devices, etc.
- Knowledge of Database Administration
- Outstanding troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels of the organization
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced continually changing business and work environment while managing multiple priorities
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
WORK ENVIRONMENT/OTHER INFORMATION (Travel required, physical requirements, on-call schedules, etc.)
- Minimal travel required
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit, reach with hands and arms, talk/hear and write. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Please Note: TriNet reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing. Position functions and qualifications may vary depending on business necessity.
TriNet is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, religion, color, disability, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, gender identity or expression, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), age, veteran status or other legally protected characteristics. Any applicant with a mental or physical disability who requires an accommodation during the application process should contact a company manager, a company officer or a TriNet HR representative to request such an accommodation.